Canaan Street Lake Weed Watching Zones
Zone 1: Town Beach and southwestward to reservoir
Zone 2: CMS dam cove and southward to public beach
Zone 3: CMS beach cove and to Crescent Campsite cove
Zones 4: Crescent Campsite cove and east side of lake to reservoir
Zone 5: Reservoir (with permission from DES)
Zone 6: Lake center
Zone boundaries revised 2016
- An identification guide including other tutorial information will be found at this link.
- Hints for Searching. Milfoil is usually found along shoreline and in shallow water, frequently near boat launching areas. Milfoil and Zebra Mussel larvae may reach the Lake via boats, engines and live bait boxes.
- Search in flat calm (early morning). Polarized glasses help on bright days. A garden rake can be helpful in retrieving the weed BUT DO NOT ALLOW FRAGMENT OF SUSPICIOUS WEED TO DRIFT AWAY.
- After searching please inform Rick Roesch at email@example.com the following information: Date of search; zone(s) searched and result.
- If any suspicious plant is found, note its location and inform Rick Roesch or you may inform NH Dept of Environmental Services, Exotic Species Coordinator at 603-271-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact NHDES direct, please inform Rick so that follow–up action can be started.